- Decor ideas for every room in your house
- Fashion inspiration to fit your real life and real budget
- Easy DIY projects for busy people
- Musings and tips on parenthood
- And a whole lot more (check the archives!)
I’m married a mom of two and a New Englander born and bred, although I’ve traveled to about twenty-five different countries for work and fun. I have a cutie-patootie preschooler (Big D), a gorgeous baby girl (Lil C) and a hot but camera-shy husband (Mr. JC) who does most of the cooking and all of the drilling. Get your mind out of the gutter, please.
I’ve always been interested in style, from obsessively reading fashion magazines from as young as my mom would let me, to making furniture for my childhood dollhouse. Determining my style – both for where I live and what I wear – is a journey filled with detours like capri-length curtains and a closet that’s in dire need of color and pattern.
As a mom who works full-time outside of the home, I understand how challenging it can be to decorate, craft, and dress stylishly with just a few spare minutes a day. This little piece of the internet is my happy place to experiment with easy and budget-friendly ways to become a little more chic each day, and share what I learn with you!
Random Facts About Me:
- U2 has been my favorite band since I heard “With or Without You” when I was in fourth grade.
- I played the violin throughout elementary and middle school.
- I love Turkish food.
- I’m an only child, but at least am usually aware of when I act like one!
- In 5th grade, I formed a Unicorn Club with my friends, just like in the Sweet Valley Twins series. I think we lasted all of two meetings!
- “Everything I Do, I Do It For You” was my favorite song in middle school; I even learned to play it on the violin. Serendipitously, it was playing in the OR at the exact moment my daughter was born via c-section!