Holiday parties are gearing up and it’s time to add some sparkle to your wardrobe! I’ve rounded up 10 sensible sequin clothes and accessories that are as comfortable as they are sparkly. Why not be comfortable while you’re enjoying cocktails?
- Crew Neck Sweater, Michael Kors – $90. It’s on sale, and those glittering sleeves will dress up anything from jeans to white wool pants to a leather skirt. (see my thoughts on leather skirts here)
- Polka-dot Sweatshirt, Old Navy – $18. I just bought it and wore it yesterday over a denim shirt with black pants and leopard heels. It’s quite comfortable but not fleece, and although the sleeves look 3/4 in the image, they are really wrist-length (well, at least the petite size that I ordered).
- Cardigan, Target – $25. This pretty and subtle sweater comes in five different festive colors, including a gorgeous cobalt blue.
- Scarf, Old Navy – $11. Top a simple blouse with this scarf or tuck it unto your coat for a winter’s walk out on the town.
- Dress, Old Navy – $25. Seriously, how comfortable does this jersey dress look? The sequins are just on the front.
- Pants, Nordstrom – $68. Okay, at first I thought these pants would be a bit of a fashion stretch for me, but they seriously look sooo comfortable. New England winter nights are coooold and the idea of wearing pretty pants to a holiday party instead of a short skirt is quite appealing.
- Cream Flats, Franco Sarto – $56. These flats are made of a woven material and would transition well to spring.
- Wedge Heels, Seychelles – $76. I love heels but dislike standing in stilettos for hours, so these wedges are a great alternative to sky-high spikes.
- Gold Flats, Kate Spade – $120. These are a splurge, but I love the Kate Spade boots that I found at TJ Maxx so much that I’d be willing to fork over the dough for a special pair of kicks like these.
- Clutch, Sole Society – $27. A cute bag is a necessity and at 12″ wide it’s a great size for carrying all of your essentials.
Whew! I”m exhausted just thinking about all the shopping I want to do now, but after all the exercise that my credit card got on Cyber Monday I think I need to give it a rest. I hope you found some inspiration for what to wear to your next holiday party, or even to give your work attire a little glitz and glam (although, please don’t wear those sequin pants to the office!).